Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Donna's MMSC 68- and Priscillastyles Design Team!!


Good Morning All!
I have made this dragonfly card for the current MMSC 68 sketch challenge. This image is one of Priscilla's digital images, isn't he/she just gorgeous?!

I loved working with this dragonfly! It is such a great design! I used Glitter Crystals by Scribbles on the wings and then the background paper was sprayed with Glitter Mist. I made the rose out of card stock from the video tutorial on CDAC and a MS punch around the larger card stock background and another MS punch for the leaves. The lace is from Walmart, and the gold thread in the crisscross is an old "scarf" I used in VBS a couple of summers ago, I am pulling one long thread at a time and using it! :)

I bought an inexpensive sewing machine back in January and hadn't even threaded the needle! LOL  It has been sitting there intimidating me for months! So, I decided about 10 days ago to get busy and see if I could use it, it really wasn't that hard!!! I am now in love with sewing on cards. So forgive me, I have gone stitching wild! It sure beats doing it by hand!!!




Now for some EXCITING news: Priscilla has put together a design team for her digital images. I was fortunate and honored to be chosen to be on this the first ever team. As you will note on my side bar, the team is broken up into Team A and Team B.  You will definitely want to visit these sites to see what digitals are being showcased.  Today, a new image set has been put in the store, it is awesome and Priscilla is highlighting it for you on the MMSC 68 challenge page and in the store.  Rush over to her store and take a look at the wonderfully designed images awaiting your creativity! Join me in thanking Priscilla and Carol for putting this new design team together for your pleasure. You ladies are the absolute best!!! Thank you so much for this opportunity!
Hugs and Blessings!
donna-

other challenges:   Stampin for the Weekend-Anything Goes
                                 Wild Orchid-Make it Sparkle 
                                 Welcome to Flourishes Boutique - Use lace
                                  Andrea's Stampin Moments - Simply Squared




png signature image

24 comments:

Connie M. said...

Oh wow, Donna!! This is just AMAZING!! You have worked this dragonfly perfectly!! Love all the vintage accents too...just perfect! Congrats on your DT appointment too! Thanks so much for playing in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week! Hugs!

Connie - MMDT-GD

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Donna!
Your first PS DT card is a wowzer! I looks so warm and inviting with all the fabric and stitching! I love the big lace and the dark red DP! Great take on the MMSC sketch too. I am looking forward to working with you both on the PS team but also on the SCH team. I wish I could come to your home and then you could teach me to use a sewing machine *LOL*

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Kristi said...

What a lovely card! I really love your style. Congrats on being named to the DT! I found you via Priscilla Styles and am following so I can see all your new projects as they are posted. Take care!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is sooooooo gorgeous Donna! Congrats on the new DT spot! I'm so thrilled to be working with you! Your work is always inspiring!!

Denise said...

Donna, your card is stunning. I love the colors and your dragonfly is amazing. Just awesome work!

pam124 said...

Donna, CONGRATS on making Priscilla's team. You sure proved you are worthy with this beautiful showcasing of Priscilla's dragonfly digi image. It is so sparkly and STUNNING!! TFS!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a wonderful card. Love that color choice, it goes beautifully with Priscilla's image. Congrats! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Donna! I am so excited to be working with you. Love your stunning creation! Amazing work, as always!!!

MaxineD said...

I am still taken aback by this card - it is wonderful!!
Looking forward to working with you :-)
Maxine

Makiko Jones said...

Gorgeous card!! Your lace border and lacing detail are super fabulous!
Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

I love the gold thread on the lace. The whole card is so pretty. I'm also glad that you used that corner because it's reminded me that I have it and I'm not sure where it is. I'll have to do some digging! Thanks.

Dori said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love how you did the dragonfly, so rich and vibrant. The lace and stitching add a wonderful finishing touch!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Donna - what a gorgeous card and your first for the PSDT - congratulations on being on the Team - I am looking forward to working with you! I love this image and the rich warmth and shimmer you have given it! Your 'drive a pretty mean sewing machine too Donna - love it! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we always love to see you and appreciate your suppport! We are looking forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

marsha said...

WOW Donna, you never cease to amaze me with your awesome talent! You have created a work of art with this awesome "Priscilla Styles" Dragonfly! I love all the stitching, the colors and how "vintagey" this looks. I'm looking foward to creating with you on the very first PS DT!

Thanks for joining the challenge this week and I'm so looking forward to seeing your creation next week too!
Hugs, Marsha

Carol said...

Donna your card is magnificent. I love the lace trim and the beautiful punches around the entire card. The gold threading adds so much class and character to the over effect of this exquisite creation! What you did with the "priscillastyles" dragonfly is phenomenal! That beautiful flower is the perfect accompaniment to the style and theme of your gorgeous card. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team
PSDT-Coordinator

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Donna, all the sparkle is amazing. Congrats on the Pricillastyles DT and well deserved. Can't wait to see all of your wonderful creations.

Andrea said...

A beautiful card with so many different elements!
Thanks for playing along with me this week :)

Andrea

Tine said...

Hi Donna. Love the wings on your dragonfly and that lace was a real find. Walmart own Asda here in Britain...& we don't get lace in Asda!
Keep crafting!
Tine :)

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Donna and Congrats on the DT spot.

Priscilla said...

Love your card FANTASTIC. I appreciate you using my image and you have sure done a fabulous job. Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Priscilla said...

oh Silly me.. THANK YOU for being on my team too ;) I am so excited, I can't stand it :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I love machine stitching on a card! Congrats on the DT!

Holly Moore said...

Donna your card is so stunning! The color combo is really something else. You are one to watch for sure! ;) Congrats on DT. I'm excited to see your creations. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge with us this week.

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
Midnight Madness Design Team