Sunday, July 12, 2009

Framed verse


This background was done using a technique called "polished stone", you can get the particulars by joining Technique Junkies. This is a great group and has a gazillion techniques available to members, check it out. (You will not be sorry, there is a great chat group where everyone shares their art, monthly swaps and great information about stamping.)
Ok, back to the card, by putting an image on the glossy paper with Versamark first and then doing the polished stone I got just a faint image in the background paper. I think the effect for this card works well. The verse is from ODBD, the frame was done with Nestibilites . I used copper metallic paper but it was too shiny so I toned it done with some rub on paste (can't remember the exact name) in a dark forest green and was able to get the aged look. This is one of my favorite cards!

No comments: