Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome Autumn

I have made another card with this awesome set from FCD, Fall Flowers! This card was made for a DT challenge where we picked one of Pamela's sketches and then used our stamp sets; I just loved this particular sketch. This time I tried to get the feel for a Black Eyed Susan. I stamped the flower on orange card stock and embossed it, the I punched various sizes of circles and used the negative for stencils and rubbed ink in varying shades; darkest on the outer edges to lighter in toward the flower. You can't see it very well in this picture but I used a bronze ink to put rays of color out from the flower face. Then I used a white gel pen to highlight around the stamped images to add some more character and depth. With main part of the card finished I took the khaki colored stock and versamarked the stems onto the paper and heat set. The leaves are from the same set, Fall Flowers, which were stamped on gold metallic paper with versamark and heat set, this gave the leaves an almost scorched look; then attached using pop dots. The card with the verse is a scrap from the main card and the ribbon is something I picked up at Walmart last fall. I have had that ribbon laying around for almost a year and this is the first time I have found the perfect place to use it! That tells me to never pass up ribbon when it is on sale!! The bottom of the card is just a piece of the orange paper I stamped the images on with ribbon from my stash. The little gold adornments on the wide ribbon are from a kit I had from Club Scrap, I think they are actually "ribbon holds", imagine that!  All in all I like the way this turned out, I love the flower and the fall colors. Welcome Autumn!!


png signature image

7 comments:

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

**Sony**

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Very pretty Donna! I love this FCD set too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is gorgeous! Love the sketch you used! TFS

TesaB said...

Gorgeous card, Donna! LOVE what you did with that sketch, and LOVE the beautiful fall colors!

Ursula said...

Gorgeous, Donna! I love those warm autumn colors! The ribbon is perfect, and the little leaf holds are spot on! The white gel pen added just the right touch to set off the lovely images! :o)

kc_froglady said...

You did a great job with this sketch! I love the rich colors you used and lots of great details!

Melisa Waldorf said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love your technique!!