Sunday, June 6, 2010

Charging into the Fray




Good Sunday evening! I hope you all had a good weekend, ours was busy but good! This afternoon I decided I wanted to make a card so I started looking around for a challenge that fit my mood. Low and behold Stampin Sister's in Christ had the perfect challenge and the perfect sketch was provided by Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Stampin Sister's based their challenge on Genesis 1:26 which reads:  "And God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."  Kathy Winter is the challenge hostess this week and her challenge is to make a card/project using a land animal, mammal, fish, bird or creeping bug.


This was perfect for my mind set today so I used one of my all time favorite stamps. These horses are so beautiful, it reminds me of a herd of wild horses running free. My background was made by tearing some paper to use as a guide for the mountains then sponging color on for the grass and sky. Very muted so as not to take away from the focal image! 

Well, that's about the story of my late afternoon, thanks for coming by! If you get a chance give me "hey" while you are here. (that's NC for "hello") 
.......I have no idea what is going on with blogger's text sizes......
card info:  paper:   Club Scrap/SU! vanilla
                ink:  Versamark/ Memento Black, Adirondack Eggplant, Distress Tea Dye
                other:  paper distresser, sponges, waxed thread, bead, computer for verse

challenges:  Stampin Sisters in Christ #42
                 Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #72
png signature image

12 comments:

Becky said...

I love these horses and the card is fabulous.

Jolanda said...

Oh,how beautiful,love the horse stamp (got it too)You made a beautiful card with it!!
Have a good day,Jolanda

Bernadette Bliss said...

What a beautiful card Donna. That horse stamp is stunning on this card. Also, thanks so much for the encouraging word on my blog. That was so sweet of you. Blessings, B

Kathy W. said...

Wow!! These horses are beautiful. I love the card, thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin Sisters In Christ. Hope to see you there next week=)

~Kathyu

Wendy M said...

Fab card - love it xx

Rhonda said...

WOW!!!! That is all I can say! This is beautiful!!

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, how absolutely fabulous!!!! I love those horses, are they digi or rubber? If you'd let me know the brand etc I might just be casing you, I am so inspired by this!

Grace said...

Wow! You did an awesome job with both challenges! Love the horse image and your coloring! Thanks for sharing the verse too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is one Gorgeous card! I love it! TFS

Val said...

Hi Donna

I am blog hopping and came across your blog. I think this card is magical - I love the image of the horses dashing across the prairie - just wonderful.

Hugs
Valxx

Kathy said...

This is stunning. The background is just lovely, the way you sponged it. The image is beautiful, too. Wonderful project Donna.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Donna!! Love the scene you created and the coloring!! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week!