Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's Saturday, You Know What that Means!!! *SCH*

The count down is on, we should be getting ready to "go over the hills and through the woods"! This week we were asked to make a card or project using RED and WHITE! Now, just how easy is that for this time of year! :) Funny, I was looking at my team mates "beauties" last night and I am astounded at the many variations of red. If you start naming all the varieties you will start to sound like a Crayola Crayon Box. You know, red, red- orange, orange red, scarlet, violet red, ultra red, wine red, red wine (oops!), don't think that one is in the box.  Anyway, just for fun you can go to the Crayola Creativity site and see how the colors have evolved since being first introduced in 1903.

I chose to use the gorgeous stamp, Christmas Joy. This is such a lovely and graceful image, I really loved working with it!  I opened it in PSP and changed the black to a very deep red and then mounted it with red and white throughout.  Instead of me trying to explain, let's take a look:

I used some nestie dies and a couple of MS punches, some uber gorgeous red ribbon and a packaged leaf sticker/die cut, a cuttlebug corner die, berries. and finally white grosgrain ribbon. I apologize for my yukky bow, I am the most bow challenged card maker I know! *sigh* So now that you have seen my take on the red and white challenge, why not grab an image and play along! You can share your card here. You can also get this image over at Tracy's shop, along with many more beautiful images. You do realize that SCH has freebies, if you haven't taken a look and grabbed them, you need to do that. Now then, be sure to take a look at all the rest of the red and white beauties out there for you to drool and gasp over.

Thank you for dropping in today, you are the reason I am here!

Sugar Creek Nugget:  Romans 8:37-39
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
challenges:  
MMSC84
Little Red Wagon-Die Cut
Creative Belli - Christmas themed embellishments



png signature image

16 comments:

Heide said...

Donna,
What a lovely card! You image is red is stunning and I love all you added extras, such as the berries and layers.

Avril Tanner said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Renee Matarese said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love all of the layers and details. That stamp is so pretty and it coordinates perfectly with the red lace and berries. On a side note...I'm a big red wine lover...If you're getting Red Wine out of a "box", you're doing it wrong! You'll have to come here and craft and drink wine with me. You'll see! Anyway, gorgeous card!

Tracy Vinson said...

You never cease to amaze me Donna....I just cannot absorb all that you put into a card with one look. This is just a masterpiece fit for a KING!!! Lovely piece of art. I am so glad to have you on my team!!!!!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just spectacular Donna. It reminds me of vintage redwork. The berries look so pretty. What a beautiful piece of art. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful! I love everything about this....where to begin. Fabulous!!!

Sharon Basel said...

What a beautiful example of how impactful a simple sentiment image can be. No need for fancy markers here. This is lovely Donna. Your embellishments and die cuts enhance the image as the focal point and add such beauty. You have a knack at gathering the most perfect of embellishments.
Hugs,
Sharon

marsha said...

Donna, Donna, Donna! This is just spectacular! You have showcased your sentiment in such a gorgeous, elegant design! I love the holly and all the other luscious embellishments you have used - I am just so in love with your card! I also think your bow looks great - I am bow "challenged", my two words are "bow easy"!
Hugs,
Marsha

Lovely Linda said...

Divine Donna - this is just divine! I love the crispness of the red and white, yet you have filled it with such warmth! Gorgeous details as usual my friend - another 'Work of the Heart! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge for this sketch - we appreciate your support and love to see what you have been creating! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

HappyCrafter said...

Beautiful card, love the intricate sentiment!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Donna, wow, this is superb work, your attention to detail is awesome and the colours look so luxurious this is a very beautiful creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Julie said...

Donna - This is a fabulous card! I love the layers of dies, the berries, the beautiful bow, and how you have laid them all out! Gorgeous!

Hugz,
Julie

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Donna!
As always you have created true beauty! I love all the berries and the big white bow. Gorgeous card!

Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge. We really appriciate your support and hope to see you again for our nw challenges in 2011.

Mvh
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

Karen W said...

Wow this is just stunning, I love it all!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love the beautiful bow and the wonderful colors! Thanks for joining in the Creative Belli challenge! Hope to see you again!