Friday, November 6, 2009

Mouse with Lollipop


    This is one of the new stamps sets from FCD set called Oh Holey Night.  I have been itching to get my hands on this set, this little mouse

just makes me smile!!
    All the paper I used on this particular card is some that has been laying around for quite awhile, I think some of it is from Club Scrap and the rest is just "stash". I used  Spellbinders large ovals  to cut the mouse out after he was watercolored, he was then mounted on some handmade hunter green paper. I found this ancient border punch (I have no idea where I got it) that I used to punch the red paper and then unbelievably I took those tiny little leaves and glued them on the edge of the green mat. They turned out cute but man are they hard to keep track of. :) The buttons on Mr. Mouse's vest are just punched "holes", the fancy corners are from cuttlebug die cuts. Mr. Mouse is holding a match to light the candle shown in the stamp set but I wanted him to have a lollipop, (probably the influence of Trick or Treating) so I punched a small circle, used a white gel pen to draw the lines and then clear embossed it. I think he turned out pretty cute!


    If you get a chance go by Pamela's site and check out all of her Christmas stamp sets. She has added a couple of new ones this year (Oh Holey Night is one of the new sets); there are some really great sets to chose from!!
   Drop by anytime! Love to have you visit and leave me comments!



png signature image

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very lovely card- beautiful coloring. I love the accents- even using the punched out tiny leaves- you are awesome!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Very creative you are girlie, turning that match into a lollipop! Good job!

kc_froglady said...

adorable! I love how you changed him up with a lollipop!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card girly!

TesaB said...

Wowsers! How creative and clever, love your changes! Ant the mouse is too cute!!!