Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Prisiclliastyles image - Sunflower

A very good morning to you all! This is my debut card for prisicillastyles design team and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Priscilla's designs. Today I am using the Sunflower Digi Set of 3, this is such a beautiful set, the flowers are so detailed and life like.  As with all of Priscilla's designs you will find excellence in design and versatility! I loved working with this image and tried a little something different for this post.

The "Sunflower" image is totally digitally done, those rich colors were done (using the fill command) in Paint Shop Pro and then I used crystal glaze and a Sakura glitter pen on it to enhance the richness. The rest of the card was done traditionally. I love the way this turned out!!  There were a couple of adjustment layers added before the final result; the longer I played the more amazed I became! When it reach this point I decided enough was enough and I needed to stop tweaking and accept it "just like this".  I am not a digital coloring junkie! LOL

I am using the sketch from MMSC69 and have entered this into several other challenges. Thank you for stopping in; please take a look at the names of the design team for priscillastyles on the side bar and visit all the girls as you go surfing the blogs. You will be so very glad you did!!

By all means click on Priscilla's Store logo and take a tour through her images and eye candy she has for you to enjoy!! There is a brand new set being debuted, Bull Dog Digital Stamp set of 6, you will love the many personalities of this adorable canine!!

Thank you for your visit!! Leave me some "love" and please feel free to become a follower, I would love for you to become a regular visitor!

Hugs and Blessings
donna

challenges entered:
                MMSC69
                Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - Anything Goes
                Crafty Card Makers - Glitter and Sparkle
                 The Shabby Tea Room - Old Meets New  
                      ....Old traditional way of making handmade cards combines with computer image and coloring


png signature image

24 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, that sunflower is just stunning! Thanks for playing with us in the Tea Room!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Donna, this card ROCKS! I thought the sunflower was amazing and then I read that you did it digitally and I am totally floored! I do some digital fill on images, but I'm baffled on how you got the petals to be more than one color. Anyway, the card is really lovely - nice and vintage looking.

Congrats on making the priscillastyles DT!

Hugs,
Linda

TinaB said...

Oh my gosh! This so beautiful!!! Love the image and the colours Hugs Tina xx

As I was typing this, the little dog you have barking set my dog off lol!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you've used Paint Shop pro - I'm useless with it. Thanks for joining our spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

Priscilla said...

Hi Donna , I just adore your sunflower card. I it is so wonderful to see so many different takes on this image. Your colors are amazing too. I appreciate you using my image and you have sure done a fabulous job. We are just thrilled to have you on the "priscillastyles" DT. Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Donna! This is just so AMAZING!! I just LOVE the way you colored the sunflower...stunning!! Thanks so much for playing in the Midnight Mandess Sketch Challenge this week! Hugs!

Connie M.
MMDT-GD

marsha said...

Donna, you have just left me breathless! This is so, so stunning! The sunflower absolutely glows! Your whole design is just mind blowing! We really need a crafter's retreat so you can teach us all how to do this! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and see you over at CDAC!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD

Dori Shelton said...

Oh my! This is just stunning. I can't believe you did it all digitally. The results are just breath-taking!

Anonymous said...

WOW! An awesome card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Donna, your creation is superb! Love what you have done with this image... it is beyond fabulous!

kiwimeskreations said...

Donna I am amazed - this is one dramatic card!! Just awesome - what more can i say.

Carol Hurlock said...

Donna this is an education in design and composition! I am intrigued that you were able to color this on the computer. I need to get some good software so that I can do that as I love digital images. This is so exquisite and so fascinating. You are so talented and gifted in your craft. Happy to have you with us at PSDT. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team
PSDT-Coordinator

Betty Wright said...

THUD! Whoa! This is absolutely amazing and quite stunning! Beautifully done, Donna!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Donna - you are amazing with this card! I love the colours along with the depth and richness you have achieved here - you are amazing! Love this! We are glad you joined us this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Audrey Pettit said...

Congrats on your new DT gig! And what a pretty card. Love the coloring you did on that fun sunflower image. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

fionalawlor said...

Oh this card is just beautiful! i love all the black bling.
Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

TinaB said...

Hi Donna! x Just beautiful! Thanks for playing at Daisy Doodles! Hope to see you for our next challenge xx Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Holly Moore said...

Donna whoa! So that is one of the coolest sunflowers I have ever seen. The dark leaves are such a pleasant surprise. Great card!

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT - GD

Debbie said...

So very pretty ... congrats on your new DT position! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my...What a lovely card....thanks for joining with us at Daisy Doodles this week. I hope you'll join with us at new forum challenge next week, click at the TOP of the Challenge Blog, DESIGNER OF THE MONTH and you can go to the Icon and klick it to go to the forum challenge. Hugs, Monika

Nicole said...

Beautiful card! That flower is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

dj1952 said...

Wow!!!!! This is FANTASTIC! I have never thought of coloring digitally. You did a fabulous job.

I was checking out some of the older challenges and saw your card and I just had to stop by and check it out. I have that set but have not used it yet. I'll have to use it now.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hello Donna! What a lovely card. Your dp is perfect with Priscilla's image. You have shown it off beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

Rhonda said...

Gorgeous Card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.