Monday, July 27, 2009

Handsome Man


This is one of my all time favorite stamps, it's from a retired SU! set call Wild Wild West. He alluded me for a couple of years but was finally tracked down by a lady in Arizona that found him in upstate NY for me! How's that for tracking down your cowboy! He reminds me of all the great cowboys from the time I was a little girl up until now; Roy Rodgers, Wild Bill Hickock, Cheyenne, (wow, I am showing my age!), Maverick, and whoever Tom Selleck plays! LOL Today he is just plain Handsome Man!
He was watercolored with pencils, ink, and then markers for definition. I stamped him on SU Vanilla and thought the torn edges gave him an antique look. The belt stamp is from Club Scrap. I stamped the belt twice, once on brown cardstock and once on glossy silver paper, then cut the accents out of the silver and glued them to the cardstock one. The photo corners and the mat for "Howdy" were cuttlebugged, cut out and then I took a black Sharpie and accented it to give it lots of depth. The photo frame and the rest of the paper is from Club Scrap's Wild West kit. The watercolor/marker technique is from Technique Junkies! Check them out!
Whew! Lot of work for this guy, ahhhh, but he is so worth it!
signature clear 2

1 comment:

SandyK said...

Great masculine card. I'm glad you finally got the stamp you wanted. You did a wonderful job on this.