Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Self Made Card, Huh???




Good Morning!
     This particular card didn't even start out as a card, it was a test to see how gold embossing would work with this stamp. The stamp is from FCD's Holly Jolly Christmas. I stamped it three times just to be sure I got good coverage from the Vesamark and them embossed.
     It looked pretty good; then this idea hit, that you could probably put little jewels in the areas without embossing and make a very bright, colorful tree. Hmmm, so still playing around I found some jewels and started placing them. Very glitzy, very "loud", not my style....but still kind of eye catching. So....
     I had already colored and cut out the little jack in the box which is also from Holly Jolly Christmas, I placed it on the card and low and behold it looked like it belonged there. Before I knew it the card was made, all I needed was a tag. Why not, so I made the tag (from the same stamp set) and it was done.
     Now I had to decide if I would actually post this and share it. Well, it certainly isn't one of my favorite cards but then my taste doesn't flow towards glitzy; other may enjoy seeing it and knowing how "it made itself". This stamp set is phenomenal, it has all kinds of possibilities!! You really should check it out, Pamela always has something special going on and she has awesome stamps and digital stamps to chose from!!
   I hope you enjoyed the "self-made" card!*smile*

png signature image

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all of the glitz on it! I guess your test worked-very well! TFS

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love your blingy trees!

Ursula said...

ooooh, those trees turned out terrific! Very retro! :o)